Saturday, June 30, 2012

Thattathin Marayathu..... a perfect love story





  Thattathin Marayathu is an upcoming Malayalam romance film written and directed by Vineeth Sreenivasan, starring Nivin Pauly and Isha Talwar in the lead roles. While the supporting cast is played up by Aju Varghese, Manoj K. Jayan, Sreenivasan, Sunny Wayne, Bhagath Manuel, Manikuttan, Niveda Thomas along with a list of new debutant actors. The film is produced by Mukesh and Sreenivasan under the banner of Lumiere Film Company.  Distribution of the film is done by LJ Films.
The story is about a Hindu boy who falls in love with a Muslim girl.
Thattathin Marayathu is an upcoming Malayalam romance film written and directed by Vineeth Sreenivasan, starring Nivin Pauly and Isha Talwar in the lead roles. While the supporting cast is played up by Aju VargheseManoj K. JayanSreenivasan, Sunny Wayne, Bhagath Manuel, ManikuttanNiveda Thomas along with a list of new debutant actors. The film is produced by Mukesh and Sreenivasan under the banner of Lumiere Film Company.  Distribution of the film is done by LJ Films.
The story is about a Hindu boy who falls in love with a Muslim girl.

"In 2010 September, when I was reading a short story written by M.J.Akbar, the second page of the short story hooked me on a thought which started following me ever since then. I wanted to do a love story for my second film and the characters Vinod and Aisha caught their places in my mind. When I went to Prague [I think in November 2010], I carried them along with me. Before even finishing the scene order of the screenplay, I wrote the first scene there. It is scene no: 19 of my final draft where Vinod is proposing to Aisha. When I wrote it, I felt his state of mind, I felt his breath, I visualized Aisha trembling with fear. 16 months later, I actually saw whatever I felt back then. Nivin was Vinod, Isha was Aisha and I was making the film I had carried for a long time – Thattathin Marayathu.
Mind blowing trip is what I had when I was making this film. I had a cinematographer who stood by me like my right hand, Jomon T John, who gave me his infinite support to do everything possible to spread romance in every frame. I had the best crew ever working with me. We had our back ground scores ready before shooting certain pivotal scenes. We shot a handful of songs without a dance master, we shot struggles and fights without a stunt director. We shot through the length and breadth of Thalassery trying to capture the essence of this beautiful small town. We all really had a blast."
—Vineeth Sreenivasan about the film.




No comments:

Post a Comment